Wednesday, July 28

Family Reunion info

This Post is for my Penhallegon Family to Read :)

So, we went to Garden Valley today and checked out the Cabin for a Reunion. We loved it, the kids ran wild and they loved it and it would be perfect to fit all 29 of us.

So, the down side - i was hoping the cost would be $250 per family but it turns out their holiday rate is $360 per family. So, i think that is too much!

This cabin is huge and has plenty of space for everyone. It's a beautiful area in the mountains, it would be so neat to be there for Christmas!!

The pictures on their internet site don't do justice. There are six bedrooms for the couples and one large room with three bunk beds and five twin beds for all the cousins, it's on the upper loft area and the kids would have a blast being together, it's ideal for the kids.

Another thing to consider is the winter weather, you definitely do not want to travel on the roads up to this cabin in bad weather. We would lose our money, you have to give them the full amount in advance and it is not refundable

So, do you all want to crash at our house for FREE? :)

We could just wait and see if they actually book this Cabin for Christmas and if they don't we could possibly get the $250 rate as i was originally hoping for. And if we wait till November to book the rental we would have a better idea of what the weather might be like.

Thinking about the cost of the cabin, food, activities, and travel, we are totaling A LOT of moola :)

Another option - We can start saving and do this next year.

So, what do you all think????

This is turning out to be too complicated :)

6 comments:

Ryan and Courtney said...

Well, one thing is for sure and that is...it will always be complicated. Sounds to me like we should book it for next summer on a non-holiday week.
In the winter the weather is too unpredictable too and getting everyone there over the Blues and from southern Utah could mean someone doesn't make it. By the time we pay the $300+, add a couple hundred in gas, and a couple hundred more for food and play russian roulette with the weather, we haven't even touched on Christmas presents yet. It adds up quick. Not to mention traveling to Panguitch a week or two later.
Am I making this sound like a no or a yes? I'm thinking no and we'll see some of you in Panguitch.

MaKey and Poppa said...

LOVE the idea Staci, but Dad & I with reitrement in near future cannot pay the bill not even half ~ I want to so bad, but you know me in traveling in the winter it's going to be bad enuf just going to Panguitch for baptism via Las Vegas warm weather route! SOOOOO Sorry ~ running out the door for my 2nd day on a jury :o)

Staci Rocha said...

This cabin would be great for a Summer Reunion too! And cheaper $$$

It's close to the Payette River and the older kids could go rafting, that would be cool.

Well, it was worth checking out!

Alysa said...

ok well I guess the decision has been made. I'm kind of releaved, 'cause Jeremy has to work up til the 24th, so it would have been really hard to travel there and get there in time. Nice thought though. Maybe another time.

Jennifer said...

I was wondering why I hadn't rec'd a phone call, guess I need to check the blog. What a bummer in a way, and in another way a relief. That area sounds like it would be a nice place to go sometime. I don't know when. Thanks for trying Staci. As far as JoLee's baptism is concerned, for those who are able and willing, I guess we will continue with what was previously planned, and baptize her here in Panguitch, on Sunday, December 26th, on her birthday. If you can come, great, if not, I understand!

Ezzy said...

Hi Staci - so I'm totally not coming to your family reunion, obvi! However, just wanted to pass along this cabin idea for you http://www.vrbo.com/175006. We got married here and there was tons of room for our families. Also has 6 bedrooms plus one bunk room for kids. Good luck :)