Thursday, August 14

Yummy Taffy


If you like sugar, you will like this recipe for Taffy :)
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. H20 (water)
2 T. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c Lite Karo
1 T. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
optional: a drop of food coloring
A candy thermometer
Butter an 8 in. by 8 in. pan. Mix sugar, karo and ALL ingredients (except vanilla) in a 2 quart kettle. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Stir constantly. Then continue cooking WITHOUT stirring to 256 degrees. Then remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into pan. When cool enough to handle, pull till 'satin-like' color and stiff. If sticky, butter hands and pull into 1/2 inch strips. Cut into pieces if you have kitchen scissors or twist into pieces.
This is a treat that my Grandma Penhallegon would make with her grandkids!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Staci!
Nice to see you on the run this morning, you have been missed. I am going to try your taffy recipe.. probuby today, looks like loads of fun enhanced with a sugar high... gotta love that.. I will let you know how it goes on MONDAY AM run when you come and I see you there and your not in bed sleeping and being a flake.. :) Maybe Candee could use your taffy on her Desitin stain?

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Cindy. I am sore from our little sprint up to Midway!! I knew I would be. Thanks for the fun. I won't try to race you next time, miss long legs.

Unknown said...

I think it was awesome that you were there on Friday, you have been missed, no getting out of our little mob without leaving a hole. Everyone contributes something to the experience! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I am just about to try your recipe, Do you think you could add a flavoring to it? maybe Lemon, or orange or..... DESITIN?? :)