The gift of time for yourself!
Today I had a couple hours on my own, without children! At first i always think 'What am I going to do by myself' Then the lists of possibilities start forming in my mind. So, today i went on some creative excursions! I have been wanting to go to a junk store and browse around. It is always fun to look for little treasures! I found a few good deals. I bought a couple darling outfits for our new little one on the way. And I found a 25 dollar item on sale for 4! Great deals always add a little extra happiness :) But, more important than shopping it's nice to have some quiet time for yourself, it is refreshing and it gives you time to clear your mind, so vital and should be a higher priority for Mom's. Just a couple hours a week on your own (not work related) makes a difference!
And just another little random note - I have been blessed this winter to not have had a single cold (knock on wood) I think the secret has been Ester C. If i feel any symptoms of a cold I start taking some vitamin C and it has worked every time! Also, with this pregnancy I have been addicted to making Orange Julius's. So, my body must be staying strong with all the extra Vitamin C! So, if you don't have this vitamin in your Medicine cabinet i highly recommend it :)
3 comments:
You should publish your Orange Julius recipe.
Sounds delicious!!!
An orange julius sounds yummy!
Glad you haven't been sick- not much worse than being sick and can't take anything since you're pregnant.
So fun to get out on your own and do something that YOU want to do. Yea for you! :)
I totally agree about those few refreshing hours. I'm so glad you had a fun time. I also love great deals.
Post a Comment