Tuesday, January 29

Holy Cow :)

We have over a foot of snow outside, it has been snowing non-stop since this morning.

It is a perfect day to go sledding! Hopefully Rolo will come home early and we will go play in the snow. I have just stayed inside today, I organized my pantry, and baked some home-made white bread. This recipe is super easy: 2 cups of warm water, 1/4 c. sugar or honey, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp. oil, 2 tbsp of yeast dissolved in 1/2 c. of warm water and 6 cups of flour. Mix. Knead. Rise 1/2 hr. in bowl. Punch down, shape into 2 loaves. Put in greased pans. Raise 1/2 hr. Bake for 20 minutes @ 400 and then enjoy some warm bread with butter on top :)

1 comment:

Maren said...

Staci- you are great. I am proud of you for creating this blog. I am just getting into blogs -sometimes I get too carried away. But it will be fun to keep posted on each others lives. I love the dragonfly and butterfly clips. Laurel asked me to make her some, so maybe I'll give it a try.