Thursday, January 24
I am a runaway Mom
I never thought the day would come that I would jog more than 1 mile. Deep down I have always wanted to be a runner but never thought I could do it. Well, a few months ago I started running with a group at 5 am in the morning. The invitation to join a running group was an answered prayer and has been a great blessing to help keep me healthy. I needed to get myself moving and nothing interferes with getting up that early except maybe my lack of not going to bed early enough. I am now trying to follow the counsel of 'early to bed, early to rise.' I runaway in the mornings and give my body a good workout and some time for myself and I always come back more energized, and ready to conquer the day. I have set the goal to run a 1/2 marathon in May. Yikes! If I can run anyone can! :) It makes a huge difference to have a group! I have enjoyed running with Cindy, Candee, Deana, D.J, Rachel, and Amanda. Once you start you can't quit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chalyce,
Thanks for your e-mail! Where did you run your first marathon? I don't know if I could do 26 miles, I am just focusing on 13 miles for now. It would be fun to run one together!
Love, Staci
I ran my first marathon in SLC for the Deseret Morning News. Look it up, my stats are on there. Yeah, I didn't think I could do it, but it was an amazing feeling. No pressure though, maybe we can work up to it. I have convinced Shauna for next year after her baby is delivered and she is ready of course. Its fun, I know I'm crazy, but life's more fun that way. :)
Love ya
Chalyce
Post a Comment