I would love to have a blog book club. This book is a day by day book of inspiring stories, quotes etc. the author takes you on a personal inward journey. Who is familiar with this book? Each month she gives some ideas for you to do as you begin the Simple Abundance path. She has thirteen ideas at the end of January titled 'Joyful Simplicities.' For example you can find a beautiful notebook and start a gratitude journal or create a collage, write down the aspirations of your heart, go through your personal papers at home and organize your desk to get a fresh start on the new year. Discard as much as you can. That sounds like fun :) I love this one - Prepare for a winter's idyll. Stock the pantry with real cocoa, tiny marshmallows and a bar of good chocolate. When snow comes and school is cancelled, stay home with the kids. Lounge about in your pajamas. Build a snowman, go sledding, then have tomato soup in mugs and toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch. Take a nap. Luxuriate in an unexpected day off. (I would like for my Husband to take an unexpected day off of work.) Once a week I can post a highlight, ask a question about one of the days of that week and we can all report our insights and experiences while reading it.Who's interested? I have been stewing about whether to do it and I would love it if my sisters :) and friends would join in and we can all share our comments.
1 comment:
I love your Blog Staci. I wasn't sure where to leave a comment on your family blog so this will be perfect. So fun to see your personalitly shining through. I think the book club would be really neat idea.
Love ya,
Marci
Post a Comment