Wednesday, July 23

Thank goodness for yummy treats

This picture is for my mom, we have been dehydrating bananas. My kids eat dried bananas like they eat candy. They love 'em! It's a yummy treat for them, and it's a plus because it's healthy.

Homemade french bread with fresh raspberries on top
&
(the not so healthy treat)
We have been making Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
Crunch together -
6 c. corn flakes
2 c. P.B
Bring to a boil-
1 c. Karo Syrup
1 c. sugar
Pour over the top of Corn flakes and P.B - Mix together
Drop by teaspoons on waxed paper
Enjoy!! This recipe is a family favorite!
When my mom was seven years old she had a paper route and a nice elderly lady on her route Mrs. Howard made these cookies for her. Thank you Mrs. Howard :) This recipe will continue to be passed along for a long, long time :) Simple and soooo gooooood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! I should try dehydrated bananas

MaKey and Poppa said...

YUMMY!! My dehydrator gave out after twenty years. I told you how Tibbey did not like me leaving it on through the night when I was doing cherries. She would not sleep with Dad and I at the foot of the bed. She slept in the entry way at the front door and I thought how odd is that. Well, at 1:30am she started barking and I thought what is going on so I woke up and our dehydrator was making a squealing sound and smoking. That was Tibbey warning us and the dehydrator no longer exists. I have got to find another and I did at CABELLA'S. We love banana's, cots, and especially pears sometimes apples! I just finished canning 24 quarts of cots. One jar did not seal so I put it in the frig and we have all ready ate the whole jar. It was sooo good. I canned the cots when they were still firm and just a hint of green OH MY! They are sweet but a little zing/tartness to it. Peaches are next then on to the concord grapes!!! My bread making starts in the fall. I froze strawberries and raspberries. I love this time of the year. Fresh fruit and vegetables and family reunions. Can't wait to see you all!!!!!