Wednesday, November 5

A big surprise for my Mom's 60th birthday!!

On Halloween day all of my siblings and I flew to Washington state! We disguised ourselves in spooky ghost costumes and arrived at my parents house just in time for TRICK or treating! My mother was not quite sure what to say to five adult ghosts standing on her front porch. She was expecting my oldest sister and her family for the weekend and she had no idea all five of her kids were going to show up instead! We rang the door bell and she was hesitant as she opened the door and all we said was 'Trick or Treat' She looked at us puzzled, she didn't even notice our 'Guess Who' signs and she said "just a moment" as she went to go get some candy. She called for my dad and then all of us friendly ghosts decided to invite ourselves in, which spooked her even more. She said "Did I invite you in?" :) :) Then the instant laughter gave our disguises away!!
When my Mom realized who we were she started laughing and was completely tricked with our surprise visit! It was a lot of fun planning this trip and trying to be sneaky. We had a good time traveling together to my parents house and planning our strategy to try and enter my parents gated community. Mission successfully accomplished!

We celebrated my Mom's birthday at a nice resturaunt


This was our view out the restaurant window. It was overcast but it sure was green and beautiful in Washington!
We enjoyed all our meals together! That is an understatement. My family has a laughing gene that when we get together we find the littlest things to be HILARIOUS. So, we were easily entertained. My oldest two sisters made us our favorite family cookies. Peanut butter corn flake cookies Mmm Mmm Good!
The big 6 0! My Mom still looks young and beautiful ;)
It was once again another short and sweet visit. But, we sure had a great time together and created some wonderful memories. 2008 Halloween will be a day talked about for many years to come!


6 comments:

MaKey and Poppa said...

Today is a day for a great deal of THANKFULNESS....November 5. My family keeps showering me with so many blessings. The joy of being me and blessed with 60 years of a good healthy life with hopefully more to come, I am a mother/grandmother (Ma-key),and the 16th grandchild due in May, a good and faithful husband who I have loved for 43 years (40 of those years in marriage)and then the day after an election and our Country of Freedom and Opportunity has a new President and Barrack Obama is the First Black President of the United States. LIFE is nothing but Change and we do experience good and bad. Hopefully, we will ALL Serve with Love & Respect and try harder to make our world a better place! THANKS TO ALL FOR A GOOD LIFE! If I were to leave this existance today I feel as if I have it ALL and there is NOTHING that I need! I am thankful and so blessed! LIVE IN THANKSGIVING DAILY

G-mom said...

How fun! Looks like you all made some great memories!! Your mom must be proud of you all.

Shauna said...

Looks like a fun surprise, your kids look fabulous in their costumes...and Congratulations!!!! I just saw your pic, be expecting a call from me very soon...:) love ya!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome thing to do for your mom. I'm so glad that you were able to pull it off.
P.S. Just a little curious. Who's expecting in May????? :)

MaKey and Poppa said...

Staci & Roland expecting #3 Child in May!!!!! Everyone should know now!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new one on the way!!!!! It will be fun to see you on Monday!(and your fun friend too!) I loved your surprise halloween for your mom, tooo funny! see you MONDAY! :)