Thursday, March 19

a LUCKY lady bug


So, there is a superstitious rumor that if you find a lady bug in your house you will have good luck! Well, since i have lived in our house every spring there is a little friendly lady bug that loves to live in my kitchen window. We must be pretty lucky folks ;)

Since i am mentioning luck, we hope everyone had a good St. Patty's Day. As you all know my son loves traditions and holidays and he was so excited to wake up and find a treat from a sneaky little leprechaun. I have told Dallin that Leprechauns are not real and it's all just for pretend fun. Well, i had bought the kids some LUCKY charms cereal and thought that would be plenty for there morning treat. When Dallin came downstairs and he couldn't find anything from a lucky leprechaun he came back upstairs and sadly told his Mommy that no sneaky little guy came to our house. I felt so bad i was just trying to keep the day low key and then he said " Mommy you tricked me" O' man, it was sad to hear his little voice say that! So, to please my child i went to the bank later that morning while he was at preschool and bought a real gold dollar coin :) and slipped it under his pillow with a treat. So, later that day he discovered after all that the Leprechaun did make a visit and when he found it he shouted these words "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE"
I definitely learned my lesson to not dissappoint my child. He is spoiled! What kind of kid have i created?

2 comments:

tonksfam said...

I love the gold dollar idea! I may have to use that one when my kids are older :)

wilfordfamily2003 said...

That is the neatest story Staci. You are such an amazing Mom. Your kids are sooooooooooooooooooooooo
blessed! You should write a story and put it in the friend. I can see it now. :) :)