Saturday, May 17

1/2 Marathon

We did it! It was a beautiful day! I am not used to running in hot weather so that was a little tough. It was a good/LEARNING experience and I am ready to do another run.

Do we look exhausted! The run was a lot tougher than I thought it would be, my brother was very patient with me and instead of me leaving him in the dust, it was the other way around. He did great and he actually stayed by my side the whole time. He kept on trying to encourage me to go faster but my muscles were really tight and fighting against me. Mentally i did great but physically I look forward to improving. 8 months ago I could barely do 1 mile and today we did 13.1 miles yahoo :)

My running group: striking our crossing the finish line pose!

Rachel, my Ricks College roommate (10 yrs ago) ran in the race today! It was so nice to see her and her cute little girls. She ran the Boston Marathon a few weeks ago and she made great time today! Good Job Rachel, she still looked beautiful even after running eight minute miles!


Ryan and Me running to the Finish line :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good crossing the finish line! I think I looked a little more sore when I crossed the finish line. At least I felt A LOT sore ;) That is too cool. Great job!

Candee

Courtney said...

I got emotional just watching the last 11 seconds. I remember what it was like when Ryan ran his 1st one. I'm so proud of both of you. Congratulations!!!
Love you,
Courtney