Friday, May 2

May Day Song:
Dance Around the Maypole In and out, in and out, Weave the ribbons tight; 'Round the Maypole we will dance To the left and to the right.
We made our own May Day pole and the kids had a great time dancing around the pole with the crepe paper streamers.
They Danced, skipped, ran to the left and to the right and had a good time!
Before the kids went outside we made King and Queen crowns covered with paper flowers and then I gave them a paper sack to gather lots of bright, yellow flowers. My Dandelions ;) They did really well picking a lot of flowers so they could throw them around the May pole while they danced!




We have never celebrated May Day before. This is a tradition I hope to be able to continue! I love flowers and what a wonderful way to celebrate a day with giving people flowers and doing fun activities outside and enjoying the fresh/crisp air of spring time.







The kids were excited when someone surprised us with a Ding-dong dash and they found a yummy treat and lots of flowers on our front porch. I really like this tradition of May Day :)

1 comment:

MaKey and Poppa said...

Too Cute! Lots of fun and smiles. I remember as a child doing May Day and ringing the door bells and running. We had lots of lilacs to share. Then I forgot all about May Day as I got older. Keep the tradition going you good mommy!!!!!