"Treasure of Eternal Value" The April Ensign had a wonderful article written by President Monson. I have been reading this article over and over again. An article that I am going to value for a long time and put it in my journal.- Learn from the past
- Prepare for the future
- Live in the Present
Each segment of his counsel is so inspired! The part that especially hit home for me was "Prepare for the future" "It is necessary to prepare and to plan so that we don't fritter away our lives. Without a goal, there can be no real success. One of the best definitions of success I have ever heard goes something like this: success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. Someone has said the trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never cross the goal line. Years ago there was a romantic and fanciful ballad that contained the words. "Wishing will make it so / Just keep on wishing and care will go." I want to state here and now that wishing will not replace thorough preparation to meet the trials of life. Preparation is hard work but absolutely essential for our progress." "We must pray daily to a loving Heavenly Father, who wants us to succeed in this life."
"Live in the Present" "Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it. . . Every day of your life is a special occasion. . .and each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute is special."
No comments:
Post a Comment