Our neighbors have an over abundant garden of veggies and they were kind & generous and gave some to us. My garden thumb was not so green this year, I have one tomatoe bush and one squash bush, and it looks like my veggies will be ready just in time for when the frost hits. I planted a little to late this year. This has definitely been my off season. Hopefully, next year I will have better luck with my garden. We are already starting to prepare some more ground for next year. Anyhoo, tonight i made a veggie stew and it was fresh and delicious. I used almost all of those veggies in the bowl and we ate almost the whole pot of soup for dinner. We probably should have rationed our portions a little better! Poor D. woke up today with a little flu bug. He slept in until 11 am, he was awake for two hours and then took another three hour nap. When he woke up from his nap he was feeling better and looked 100% better too. The one thing that sounded good to him when he was feeling better was the thought of banana bread. So, we made him some and 1 1/2 loaves were eaten in an hour. He was a little hungry :0 When he gets sick it hits him hard and fast but it also goes away quickly. THANK GOODNESS!
4 comments:
Those peaches look a little green. How was the peach fuzz? I see the kids were dressed appropriately. Way to go my boy Dallin in working with the family at the church farm picking peaches! You are a hard working boy! Poppa and I are so proud of you! I love seeing your picture. I look forward to seeing these pictures everyday! We get to go home this weekend to pick pears and apples and some more of our late Alberta peaches. The concord grapes should be next and that means grape juice! WORK & WORK some more! The summer weather is back and it is getting warmer here this weekend. It feels good and then the frosty weather hits and my favorite time of the year FALL! I love the fall colors and going to Leavenworth for a sauerkraut and sausage sandwich YUMMY! I am glad you are feeling better Love ya!
Poor little Dallin. I'm glad he recovered so quickly. Hummm... banana bread is sounding pretty good now.
We retrieved the little snoopy puppy from the hotel. He is enjoying his stay but I think he is homesick for Dallin. What do you think about letting him take a trip with the mailman? LOL!!!
Hey There Staci,
It's good to have you back in the blog world. I've missed you. I love the autumn pics and it looks like you had a great time in Soda. How is your toe?
I love the new look of your blog, how did you get the whatcha thinkin? thingy on your posts? I went Wednesday for peaches, been eatin them, but they are a little green, will have to wait until next week to can them. ;) The peach fuzz was ITCHY! yick. Can't wait to see you and your infamous toe on friday,you need to come even if you just walk! ;)
later
Post a Comment