Almost everyday i would be outside in the orchard. I long history but, I had seven sheltie dogs that i would need to take care of when I got home from school. So, i spent A LOT of time out in the apple orchard walking up and down the aisles. It was a beautiful seven acres of land. I would walk up to the hill top and be able to look out at the valley. I have had many quiet moments just pondering, admiring the beauty,playing, working, praying on that land. I really contribute a lot of who I am to what I became living on that property. I wish everyone could live on an orchard I am sure people who have grown up on a farm or some land feel the same way. There is something special about being in the outdoors.
Here is the only apple tree on the property today. There use to be trees clear to the top, up by the house you can see in the picture. I am grateful for the many sweet memories i have of living on an apple orchard. It was a beautiful place to grow up! Bitter sweet memories! Sad to be gone and no longer have those days where I can just walk out my front door and enjoy an apple but sweet because i am blessed to have wonderful memories.
I like the saying "pictures are worth a thousand words" These two pictures i am sure could even say much more than that!
2 comments:
What beautiful senitment Staci. I couldn't agree more with you. There is definately something very special about open spaces, hard work, meditation, prayer and all the opportunities to give thanks for the beauties that surround us. My heart is so sentimental for you. I too am grateful for the memories, because unlike very many things, they can last forever.
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm feeling great! I just need to start getting to bed earlier. :) :)
I'm having so much fun catching up on the last few years through your blog! Everytime I go past this property driving into Wenatchee I think about when you lived there. I remember walking the dogs with you, and trying to catch bugs for our science class collections. Also, remember when we saw an owl walking to Julie's?? I don't think I've even in my life seen and OWL and probably won't again. It was a very cool home and I'm glad to have been a friend and get to spend time there with you and your family.
Post a Comment