Wednesday, October 8

Relief Society

Last night a group of woman from my local ward/church got together. There was an expert lady that came and taught us how to reduce our food bill by using powered milk. We had quite a feast of all the food she made with powered milk - cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice-cream, she showed us how to make sweetened condensed milk (this recipe was just like what you would buy in the store and the plus side is that you save a couple dollars making it yourself), evaporated milk etc. Everything was pretty good, it's not fair to compare it to what we are use to. With my family alone we spend a lot of money on milk products and it was so neat to learn how to make it from scratch. A good home making skill to know if ever needed. I am going to try and experiment with some of the recipes she gave us. I love knowing that i would be able to make these things on my own and not have to be dependent on the grocery store. You just need to collect some essential items and you will do just fine. The world is struggling financially, the cost of living is sky rocketing and I am so GLAD that our church teaches us how to be self sufficient. I love that even though I don't have family close by members of the church are my family and we can gather together with all ages and help each other grow and learn. No matter where we go in life we always have the church and it is the same everywhere! And everyone is so willing to serve in a heart beat. It's a great blessing!


If you are interested in having some of these recipes I can e-mail you the packet she gave us. Let me know :) Next week this lady is doing a class on using your beans in food storage to make soups and for sprouting to use for a salad. She had some sprouts for us last night with homemade oyster crackers and ranch dressing. It was really good and you can sprout your beans in the off season of gardening and have a fresh salad. All of these recipes are much healthier for you than what you would probably buy in the store. Lots of Food for thought :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! Find out more info for me. I want your info packet!

wilfordfamily2003 said...

I'd love to get more information on that Staci. Thanks for always sharing!
I'm sure you are enjoying every minute of Fall.
Lots of love,