
What is something you love to DO? In the book Simple Abundance she encourages you to discover your creative side 'An Artist Is Someone Who Creates'. She encourages you to find new insights to what you love, do and hope for.
"Every day we're given chances to embrace the new. It could be serving focaccia at dinner tonight instead of garlic bread. It could be choosing a pair of floral socks that make our feet want to dance, instead of the plain pair we automatically reach for. Psychologist Susan Jeffers suggests we "take a risk a day --- one small or bold stroke that makes you feel great once you have done it.." Start thinking of yourself as an artist and your life as a work-in-progress. Works-in-progress are never perfect. But changes can be made to the rough draft during rewrites. Another color can be added to the canvas. Art evolves. So does life. Art is never stagnant. Neither is life. The beautiful, authentic life you are creating for yourself and those you love is your art. It's the highest art. " Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable." writer Brenda Ueland reminds you. Hold that thought.
Every choice, every day, you are creating a unique work of art. Something only you can do. Something beautiful and ephemeral. The reason you were born was to leave your own indelible mark on your personal world. Each time you experience the new, you become receptive to inspiration. '
I have found that when you experiment with new things you start to discover what makes you unique, you feel content with what you love and with what brings a smile to your face. :)
So, I had fun this past week going on some creative excursions! Browsing in a Craft Store, library, the Mall . . . It is fun finding new things that catch your eye. I enjoyed doing some things out of the ordinary.
I discovered new quotes that I like and wrote them down in a notebook. This month I found a new cologne for my husband, it was fun just taking time to find something new and irresistible ;) I made a pineapple smoothie for the first time. I have realized how much I enjoy receiving letters in the mail and I want to be better about sending letters and packages. I went to a book store ' B. inspired ' and bought cute 50 % off Valentine's books. For a few years I have wanted to buy things after the holidays and be prepared for the following year and I actually did it for the first time. I have already bought 75% off stuff for the kids next year. I rediscovered old childhood songs to teach my kids. Found some fun activities to do with the family. . . and I loved browsing in a craft store, I have a list of projects to do for the next ten years :) I need to pick my favorite ones! I have written all these ideas down and I hope to expound on these new things and be able to DO some creative projects. I want to create beautiful art for my family, some bold and simple stripes on our canvas of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment