.jpg)
My Mom is now an official Bus Driver! She has been working hard the past three months taking classes, tests, learning new skills . . . She has passed everything with soaring scores. I had no idea how rigorous it is to become a bus driver, it is not an easy task!!! My Mom has taken the challenge and has done a great job.
I am proud of you MOM :)
She has already had some fun stories to tell! One little kid came up to her and the first thing he asked was "Are you a Grandma?" "Can I sit next to you?" She will be the kind of bus driver every kid will remember. The kids will look forward to seeing her smile everyday in the morning! She will have a positive influence on the children's lives and we all know we need a lot more of that these days.
Way to Be MOM :)
3 comments:
That is so neat Staci. I'm proud of your mom too! She will be such a blessing to all those kids. I still remember all the bus drivers I had as a kid. Tell her Good Luck from me.
Mindi
THANKS for expressing yourself about your ole MOM ;o) So far I have really had a great time driving this week. Monday, I drove a special needs bus and those kids are such a blessing to me when I am surrounded with their sweet spirits. They are so loving and considerate to everyone. Those that can love helping me secure the wheel chairs inside the bus and then assist as I am unloading. I don't ask for help that is just their nature to jump right in and help everyone before themselves. Those special children we can learn so much from them. Then today it was funny we were stopped for construction and I had a bus full of elementary kids...The noise was getting louder and louder and I got on the microphone and said Do you hear what I hear? The bus became silent. I cautioned them not to be real noisy but to still have fun with their friends in talking and them reminded them of some safety rules and then one little boy said are you going to be our new bus driver? I said maybe someday! I told them Sergio who was sitting across from me was still their driver, but let's take a vote WHO wants Sergio for their bus driver and about six hands went up then I raised my hand and asked who wants GRANDMA to be there bus driver and ALL hands went up with a big YAHOO from me too! I looked at Sergio and said too bad Sergio the vote has been counted and I win! The kids just laughed as well as Sergio and I. I don't think Sergio was offended. Sergio has been driving for years. He is from the Philipines and he is one of my best friends at the bus yard. He is always giving me the encouragement I am in need of. He's a great guy I have learned alot from him! I love interacting with the kids! I can't get those high school kids to look at me tho. Life looks like it is very difficult for them. How do I win their hearts? I will win them over one of these days!
Mom, You will have to tell Sergio that your Son-in-Law served his mission in the Philipines. He would love to meet him :) What language does he speak? That is great that he is so kind! They are naturally that way! They are some of the kindest people you will ever meet :)
Post a Comment