I have mentioned in a previous post how i bought a book called
"Accountable Kids" And it gives you a great program to teach your kids responsibility, hard work and helps with getting rid of negative behavior and creating postive changes. We are starting at a young age to teach our kids that work makes us happy and when the work is done then we have quality time together! I can't express enough how great this has been! I have started my own little chore charts before but nothing solid. This program is creating
POSITIVE CHANGES!! Our house is completely clean by nine in the morning the kids are ready for the day! They have been washing dishes, unloading the dish washer, laundry, sweeping, wiping off the table and chairs after every meal, making there beds in the morning, scripture study and prayers etc. So far I have been successful in teaching them that it is
fun to do it
TOGETHER rather than me just doing it by myself. I really can't believe how well it has worked for my 5 & 3 year old, it takes consistency on the parents part, which is usually what I struggle with, but so far so good!
So, Accountable kids provides boards and cards for the kids chores that are already pre-made but the down side is that each set is thirty dollars! I am to cheap to spend that so we made our own. Yes, it was time consuming to get it done but definitely worth it. I only spent twenty dollars verses $60.

After all the morning chores were done this morning the kids recieved a star ticket to choose something they want to do. Now, you set family rules, like no fighting, whining, or if you don't do the chore you do not get a ticket. They need to earn there rewards! The daily chores teach them that they are a part of the family and have a special part in completing there tasks. Parents and children decide what they can use there tickets for. They can have a friend over, watch a cartoon, paint, computer games etc. This morning the kids wanted to play with there styrofoam zots that you can make things with like guitars, crowns, animals, it is a cool little kid craft. Then when Dallin was done making his guitar he had a BLAST groovin to some James Taylor music. We love blasting the music at our house and have some fun dancing :) As you can see in the pictures below :) So, great news to report for
ACCOUNTABLE KIDS!
Penny even got up on the counter to bust some moves by the stereo!
5 comments:
So cool! Thanks for sharing!
I am totally planning on buying that book... and may call you at some point in a few years when I want to make my own for some tips :-)
xxoo
110 days!!!
I had seen that program once, and I was wondering how good it was :) How young do they recommend starting things like this? I'm very curious to see what a two-year-old can do.
I believe in the book they say three is the youngest to start kids! Penny has done very well! She loves washing the dishes and she actually does a really good job. Two year olds are great for observing and working along mommies side,and gradually grow more independant :) It is so nice to finally have the kids at an age that they can help me and not be more of a mess.
Way to Go! Something must be going right with smiles like those! :)
That is fantastic Staci.
I need all the ideas I can get, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share this one. I definately need to read the book!
Thanks Staci,
Post a Comment