A peak into my day and thoughts in my mind (readers - please feel free to skip over this entry)
‘Embrace your own weirdness’ A title of an article I just read.
Sitting down to BLOG and indulging in a big bowl of Cookies and Cream ice-cream
Kids are asleep after a busy day. They crashed after we ate chicken dinosaurs and ice cream and had a movie night. My Husband is with the scouts and I need to learn to be more supportive with his scouting duties. He enjoys it. I wish I could have as many get aways as he does (not really) My calling in life is a bit different and I prefer it that way! Even if I had the chance to get away I wouldn't!
I have a hundred ideas running through my mind! In my mind I envision a big plate of goodies piled high and just looking at it makes me full. Asking myself questions like - Do I just nibble here, nibble there? Devour it? Or just look at it? My personality says do it all now and then I go into shut down mode because I am overwhelmed. I am learning the lessons of taking things a inch at a time. Gardening last year taught me that and being a homeowner with endless projects. One of my 2008 New Years goal has been to finish all my unfinished projects. So far we have been doing it and it feels great to complete ‘em and then have a fresh organized start.
I have never had a computer with Internet my whole life until this January. Man O Man I am behind. I have a little phobia with computers. I am actually learning quickly how to use one though. I am only in my late twenties but I have felt like a Grandma who has totally skipped past the computer generation. It is possible, somehow I have done it. I took a class at Rick’s and all it took was for me to touch one button and I did something wrong I would get very frustrated and so would my teacher. Some how growing up I would just learn the bare necessities of computers to get me by. I have also never liked writing but I have always wanted to be a good writer. I struggle with grammar wording my thoughts correctly and blah blah blah. I am a perfectionist in my mind and with writing I have yet to learn to perfect it. A weakness that I am trying to overcome. I usually do not write letters because I can’t get my words to come out right and then I won’t do it but I have good intentions. So I need to stop worrying about what someone will think about it and JUST DO IT. I over analyze way to much and fear that people analyze me. I am learning. SO starting a blog has been good for me it is an open to all journal and I have always wanted to be better about writing down experiences. Something in the heart says you better do it or you will regret it when you’re older. Probably because I have such a bad memory, if I want to be able to reminisce when I am older I better have it written down. Plus my G-ma has always been a good example with writing letters, she is so good at writing weekly reviews of her life. It is amazing. And she learned that from her father, he was a good journalist. Hopefully with time, It will come more naturally for me. I have always felt a need to connect with the personalities of my ancestors. They have a lot to teach me!
A review of today-
5 am My running group did not show up, I was the only one. So I came home and got on the treadmill. WOW the treadmill is a battle for me to conquer. A treadmill is definitely tougher than running out side. It is a battle with the mind vs. your body. Running outside distracts me and having a group to chat / laugh with. That has made a huge difference. With a treadmill it is just me starring at my shadow, watching and counting every step instead of watching land marks outside. Plus you are watching the time ticking by slower than slow and the mileage is not going fast enough. A treadmill is torture. But, it is good for me, it makes me motivate myself with no peer pressure, just me and my two moving feet. It also helps keep me at a steady pace. I have a lot to learn about the power of the mind! It is very fascinating to me. ‘What we sow is what we weep’
6 am ABC’s about ME blog - Tagged
7 am got the kids ready and Rolo to work. We only have one car and I like it that way.
8 am got ready and read my scriptures Currently reading the B of M everyday and reading a little from Psalms (one of my favorite books in the O.T) to my kids.
9 am Fed the children there 2nd breakfast They could eat all day long – Sigh
10 am Library for story time
11 am Artic Circle with friends
noon – lunch
Afternoon errands – Got a movie and ice-cream for the kids something to entertain us while daddy is with the scouts. JoAnns- bought fabric to make some St Patrick’s Day slippers and send a pair to my G-ma. Penny is in her terrible two’s. Lately when we go shopping she wants to run free and throw lots of tantrums when I try to keep her with me. She is constantly trying to climb out of the carts (side note and will not stay in her car seat, she wiggles her way out of her seat belt - she is a little turkey) and she screams with a high pitch squeal, that is truly making me go deaf. When we were standing in a long line a lady in front of me felt so sorry for me and she was probably tired of listening to my little girl, she let me cut in line. That was so kind of her! Every time I go shopping I say never again will I go with my children and then I take them again and again. I will catch on one of these days. A funny thing, as we were leaving the Mall they have clear glass doors and windows as you exit and Penny was strutten her little happy walk not paying attention to what she was doing and then thump right into the class window, Dallin thought that was hilarious and all Penny does is bounce back and holds her little nose and says owee. She makes us laugh. Also, Dallin had some issues with Gravity today, some how he manages to trip and fall at the most awkward times, i will spare you the details. Silly kids!
4 p.m. Pick up Rolo
5 p.m. Dinner and get Rolo ready for scouts
6 p.m. Movie
7 p.m. Bedtime - read stories
8 p.m. obsessed with blogging and seeing so many creative, amazing people out there! I am mentally stuffed
9 p.m Time to Snooze
Good Night Family and Friends
No comments:
Post a Comment