Six years ago today, I had one of the best days of my life! I had a boyfriend (now known as my husband :) that planned a breakfast date with me. I have all the details written in my journal but that beautiful sunny morning after we ate at a one-man-band diner, he took me back to my apartment and he needed to get ready to go to class but we paused for a few moments and he gave me a KISS! I can still remember that moment as if it was just yesterday. A paused moment in time that created a forever bond. Now, six years later I am still in love!
I surprised Rolo this morning and took him out for breakfast. My sweet friend let me drop off the kids at 7 am so we could enjoy a meal without the little ones. (THANK YOU) We went to I-HOP and our waitress asked us what we were up to and we both looked at each other and smiled, then Rolo said we are celebrating our first kiss. I wasn't expecting him to say that but it was true and the waitress thought that was so sweet. We were the only couple in the restaurant! I wonder how many times the waitress has heard that line before? I am so glad that we took the time to remember a special occasion. We had mentioned our two kids to the waitress, then it hit me, WOW! six years ago we were just dating and look what that one kiss started. I am blessed! Thank you my love! I love you!
I would also like to share a poem Rolo wrote for me a couple months ago. I have it posted on the wall by my kitchen sink and I read it every day. He is so good with expressing his love in words and in his actions ;)
"To love well is to live well - ere not love is but husk and shell. Treasures obtained with greed, serve naught but your worst to feed - while the treasure obtained through selfless desires transforms, exalts, and inspires" By Rolo February 2008
1 comment:
You two are so amazing and a great example of living and loving life to the fullest.
Happy First Kiss!
Post a Comment