My husband is probably nervous reading the title of this post, no need to worry honey ;) But, i must say that he is an amazing writer and I have a good collection of love notes ;) Anyhoo, I have been spending time lately at the Dentist office and I saw an article that gave some great ideas on how we can celebrate this month with a poem and i thought how neat it would be to have this for a tradition with my family.
- Memorize a poem - Getting a poem or prose passsage truly "by heart" implies getting it by mind and memory and understanding and delight. (Our Prophet is a great example about memorizing poems!)
- Take a poem out to lunch - Adding a poem to lunch puts some poetry in your day and gives you something great to read while you eat. Slip a poem in your child's lunch box!
- Recite a poem to family and friends
- Put a poem on the pavement - Go one step beyond hopscotch squares and write a poem in chalk on your sidewalk!
- Put a Poem in Your Pocket Today! - I would like to discover a new poem today and I will share it with you tomorrow morning! Have a good day everyone and share a poem with your children, friends or spouse today :)
A poem I often think about is one my mom has told me many times. . ."I'm rocking my Baby"
...The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. from "Song for a Fifth Child" by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Penny is two now and I still think she is my little baby! I am learning to my sorrow that she is growing up way to fast. I love taking a few minutes everyday to rock my baby! She is so precious and sweet!
3 comments:
I wonder where I put that needlepoint I did of Rocking My Baby.....Like I mentioned to you on the phone yesterday I am getting addicted to this blogging thing. I enjoy your posts so much and was thrilled to see Ryan's new post. I have got to update mine again. Thanks for being such a great example!
Staci,
I love reading your posts. You are so inspiring and are just full of wonderful ideas. Your family is soooooooo blessed to have you.
It's great to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Last night I was thinking about how often my children are talking to me and I'm not really listening intently. I'm going to try really hard to live in the moment and really listen instead of letting my mind wander into the world of "What needs to get done next."
I love that poem! That is so true. I need to take more time to enjoy my children when they are so little. Thanks for being a great example.
Candee
Post a Comment