Friday, April 18

I ran for two hours! 30 more minutes to go! I think i can . . .I think i can . . .

My goal for this morning was to run for two hours and I did it! I started running at 5:10 am and finished at 7:10 am. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. The moon was a golden, reddish color and it was going down right above lake lowell and reflecting on the water. I tried to take a picture with my cell phone but all you can see is a black screen with a white dot in the middle. O' it was a brilliant moon set. I can't say I have ever seen a moon set. Then when I finished my run there was a beautiful sunrise. WOW! What a way to start the day!


My husband just bought me some ear pieces so i can listen to music while i run and that helped a lot. There was a song playing with the lyrics "how far we've come" and it was neat to reflect on how far i have come! I never thought i would be running a half marathon and I am doing it! Bring it on Baby :) The joy comes in the journey and training for this run is teaching me so much! Thanks for letting me share my progress and thank you for all of your encouraging words. I couldn't do this run without my friends and family supporting me!

3 comments:

MaKey and Poppa said...

We are so proud of you Staci! YOU are awesome and an ispiration to all of us. There are so many simple and little things to discover in this life time and when we are awakened to the beauties in life it is awe inspiring. LOVE YOU TOO!!!! BE HAPPY....remember when I used to say that? You sure have acheived that to almost perfection!

Ryan and Courtney said...

It's mind over body and your mind is winning! If you can exceed and overcome your perceived limits, then overcoming other obstacles will seem easy in comparison. The funny thing is, by the time you run the half marathon, you've already ran it many times over. You've ran hundreds of miles, just to prepare for one 13.1 mile run. The hardest runs are when you're all by yourself with no one to push or encourage you, just you and lots of miles in front of you. Race day will be a piece of cake, I guarantee it. Pain goes away, reaching your goal, that's permanent.

Staci Rocha said...

Thanks for your comments! Another neat thing about this run on friday is that I did half of it with a friend and then the other half I did by myself and I have never done that long without someone pushing me along. It was neat to see that I can also do it on my own. Something I haven't been able to do before. It really is a mind over body battle for me :)