Wednesday, April 9

Take time to enjoy the small and simple things!


A few thoughts in my mind this morning - I love watching small flowers blossom but more importantly than that i need to remember to enjoy watching my small children grow. Right now my children are watching there favorite cartoon 'Super Y' As soon as it comes on they love running into the kitchen, they dump out my kitchen towels and then they have me put a cape/towel around them so they can be super heroes. It makes them happy but at the same time it makes me go crazy. I need to chill out about them unfolding and dumping out all my towels. It is one of those battles for me to let them just be kids. Then they try and fly off our couch and dump all the cushions on the floor - Mess number 2 that i need to learn to chill out about :) They are just having fun! Where do you draw the line? Is that just part of having children? So anyhoo, my husband was so kind this morning and let me sleep in a little bit. I have been a little stiff from yesterdays run. When I looked out the window this morning this is what I saw . . . .
Snow/Ice Yikes! It needs to warm up outside! i am ready to start planting things in my garden but it has been to cold to go outside. If it warms up today I would like to go plant some snow peas. I am also excited because I just bought two new flowers to add to my garden this year. . .


Last year I planted sunflowers for the first time and it was so neat to plant the little seeds and be surprised with what colors and type of sunflower would bloom. I love watching small seeds bloom into something beautiful. An even greater small miracle are my kids. I think i take for granted my two beautiful miracles that are constantly growing in front of me. I need to remember to ALWAYS enjoy my small children!

2 comments:

G-mom said...

i'm glad i have you as a friend. TAG you are it. go to my blog to find out details. have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

You just totally expressed how I feel. I need to "chill" too. Last night as I was nursing the baby I thought, how many messes are my kids going to make this time. I get so frustrated with cleaning up and reorganizing. Then later at night when they are sound asleep I feel so bad about getting after them and then I re-commit myself to just "let them be kids" tomorrow. It's an endless cycle.
I wish I knew where to draw the line too. I'm glad I'm not the only one confused!!!