Wednesday, April 23

Haircut

Yes, I went to Fantastic Sam's last night and cut my hair! Do you think I did something Drastic?
If you thought 'No' you are right. It is against my nature to do anything drastic. It FEELS so much BETTER!. I had a few inches taken off and had it layered. Ah' it feels refreshing. It is one of those things you just need to do more often, to give yourself a boost.



This morning I had a great run! I am starting to pick up the pace and it gives me more of a challenge. I am starting to feel the runners HIGH. It's awesome! I get the good chills and I feel like I can keep on going like the energizer bunny. The training is well worth experiencing a runner's high!



I have not metioned yet that I have taken a challenge to have no treats/chocolate for 21 days. I am at my 2 day mark and so far so good. Hey, I know you are laughing thinking it has only been two days but taking this challenge is a struggle for me every minute. I have not had the ........




YET . . . but it will be coming and I am preparing myself for it. My twenty one day mark will be the day I run my 1/2 marathon and my treat is going to either be ice-cream or a candy bar. Actually, make that both! Vanilla ice-cream with a candy bar crushed on top. Mmmm that sounds good. If anyone would like to take this challenge we would like to have a get together and go bowling or something that does not involve food to reward ourselves. So far our group consists of Rosie and Me :) Please join! The more the merrier :) This challenge is to help us be Healthy and to cut back on the sweets, everything in moderation :)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can do it, so I am not going to commit...yet. I need to keep trying.

I am glad you got a runner's high that is cool.

Keep running!

Candee

wilfordfamily2003 said...

I don't think I'm strong enough Staci. But, I'll totally be cheering you on! YOU GO GIRL! As I've said before, you are amazing!

Alysa said...

To let you know I cut my hair at the end of January. And it was pretty drastic. I had a bad haircut so I took the plunge and it does feel really good, I miss my long hair though too. So I'm going to grow it back out. But it's been nice for a change. Thought you'd like to know since you shared first.

Maren said...

Good for you staci- I know you can do it. I should join, but I need some time to work up to it and prepare mentally. I'm excited for your 1/2 marathon- you'll do great!

Curtis and Deedra said...

I want to see a picture of the new hair cut!
Good luck on your marathon!