
This picture was taken when I was eleven years old and I was with my Dad on a Daddy Daughter Date! It is one of my favorite pictures taken with my Dad. O' the cherished memories! I wish we could be with you to celebrate your birthday. We had a lot of fun with you last year when we made you a pinata! Fun Memories! We send you our love!
DAD - I must tell you one trait that you have passed on to all of us kids. And that is the eyebrow wiggle. Marnie and I were discussing this when she just came to visit. She didn't think she does it but she does! Penny actually does it too! I remember when I returned home from my mission I was sitting at the table with you and we were eating breakfast and we both looked up at each other and wiggled our eyebrows up and down. I realized at that point I had gotten that from you! It's amazing to see what little characteristics we can pass on.
This may not make sense to others but the Penhallegon kids know what I am talking about. It's hard to explain :) Instead of a smile or saying something we just give an eyebrow wiggle and we all got it from our Dad :) Did you know we all do that? This is something I just realized ALL of us do when we were together at our family reunion! Thanks for being you Dad! LOVE YA
4 comments:
Such a good picture of you and dad! I love it! I can't wait for him to come home tonight and see it!
I don't know about you girls, but I got the uni-brow wiggle, and the hairy leg wiggle, and the facial-hair-5-o'clock-shadow-at-9am wiggle. And those overalls, that's not fake dirt and grease, that's real! That reminds me, I need to send Dad more t-shirts just in case he's still wearing my hotel t-shirts that I gave him 8 years ago. Holy crap, I just realized I'm starting to do the same thing with my own work clothes. They're on the back of the bathroom door. Why wash them when they're just going to get dirty again? What is wrong with me? Helllppppp!!
He is still wearing the Marriott T-shirts. The new ones I bought him are hanging in the closet and he won't wear them until I threatened him I am going to go thru his closet and dispose of the old stuff. Maybe his birthday is a good day to do just that! He would kill me, but I will survive! Poor Ryan, you do need HELP! I am so sorry! NOT! MOM ;o)
OK, OK, so I have some quirks - that's what you love about me, right? I don't try to be odd, I just am - but, as you know, I have a reason for everything I do. As I sit here, Tibbey is giving me a bath - am I the only one that let's their dog fully express their heart-felt love and affection for their master? More borderline behavior, right?
I love my wife, I love my kids, I love my grandkids, I love my crazy life - I'm the luckiest guy on the planet (right behind your spouses).
Enjoy the eccentricities of your life and loved ones - that's what makes you and them unique.
I have enjoyed the pictures and the memories. It has been a great birthday, even if I am really just ONE DAY older than yesterday.
My immediate desire is to make it to 90, so I can see how you kids are holding up at my present age. Then we will really have some notes to compare.
Love
Dad
Post a Comment